Data Collection and Use
Cosmo Public Relations Corporation (“Cosmo” or “we”) does not collect personal data directly from this website. We do collect personal information as a part of doing business, e.g., through registrations, applications, and surveys, and in connection with projects for clients. For example, we collect names, contact information, information relating to professionals’ specialties and professional affiliations.
From time to time, we may use or add to the personal data we have with information obtained from other sources, such as public databases or social media platforms and lawfully from third parties.
How We Use Personal Data
We may use personal data in the following ways:
To Serve You:
We use your personal data to:
- Operate our business;
- Deliver our services;
- Provide customer service and respond to requests or inquiries;
- Communicate with clients and with others at clients’ requests;
- Tailor our programs and campaigns; and
- Prepare and provide newsletters, articles, announcements, invitations and other information about client companies, their products and brands, and health topics.
With Providers and Clients:
- We are retained by clients and retain other companies and individuals (“Providers”) to perform services on our behalf and we may collaborate with other companies and individuals with respect to particular services. These third parties may be provided with access to personal data needed to perform their functions, but this is done under contracts that oblige them to protect the confidentiality of the data.
To Comply with Law:
- We reserve the right to disclose personal data as required by law when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to comply with regulatory requirements, judicial proceedings, court order, government request, or legal process served on us, or to protect the safety, rights, or property of our clients, the public, or others.
We use technical, administrative and procedural measures in an attempt to safeguard personal data from unauthorized access or use.
We will retain personal data for as long as required, needed or permitted in light of the purposes for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine retention periods include (i) the length of time we have an ongoing project; (ii) whether there is a legal obligation to which Cosmo is subject; or (iii) whether retention is advisable in light of Cosmo’s legal position (such as in regard to the enforcement of applicable statutes, litigation or regulatory requirements.
Cosmo’s privacy practices are established under the laws of Japan and more specifically, the Personal Information Act of Japan, as amended from time to time.
If you would like to exercise your individual right to request to review, correct, or update personal data that you believe we may have collected about you, you may contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law. Please note that Cosmo may need to retain certain personal data for recordkeeping purposes or completion of any transaction that began prior to your requesting a change or deletion.Privacy