On Monday, December 12, the EU High-Level Conference on the Economic Empowerment of Women took place at the ANA Intercontinental Hotel, Tokyo.
The aim of the conference was to encourage the exchange of views and best practices on public policies and private sector initiatives to promote the economic empowerment of women in both the EU and Japan.
COSMO President & CEO, Kumi Sato was invited to speak as part of Panel Session 2: Private Sector Practices for the Economic Empowerment of Women. Some of her comments were tweeted live from the event.
The full schedule was as follows:
- Video Message: Ms. Vera Jourova, EU Commissioner for Justice, Consumers & Gender Equality,
- Opening Speech: Dr. Danica Purg, President of the IEDC-Bled School of Management and Head of the European Leadership Centre
- Keynote Speeches: Mr. Katsunobu Kato, Minister in Charge of Women’s Empowerment, Minister of State for Gender Equality, and Dr. Sari Raassina, Member of the Parliament and President of the Finnish Council for Gender Equality,
- EU-Japan Comparative Report on the Economic Empowerment of Women: Dr. Jesper Edman, Researcher, Hitotsubashi University,
- Panel Session 1: Public Policy for the Economic Empowerment of Women
- Panel Session 2: Private Sector Practices for the Economic Empowerment of Women
- Closing Remarks: H.E. Ms. Anne Barrington, Ambassador of Ireland to Japan
- Networking Reception: Hosted by H.E. Mr. Viorel Isticioaia-Budura, Ambassador of the EU to Japan
Please click here for further information on the conference and the Delegation of the EU to Japan.